The ICCP includes the chance to:
- Shadow the conductors of the various choirs, learning by observation.
- Interact with musicians from various musical backgrounds in a stimulating environment.
- Where an appropriate level of skill is shown, lead warm-ups and possibly take some part in rehearsals (at the discretion of individual conductors).
- Appreciate the more holistic musical experience offered during a course, which includes sight reading, general musicianship and aural skills in addition to choral training.
- Take part in the wider life of the choir.